Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting Settled

Much has happened since we last left off, and it's funny that I say "much" has happened, but in reality it's not "much". What has happened is we have grown more accustom to regular life in Katimavik. Rules have been sorted out, schedules were produced, and life is fairly consistent. Not to say it's boring (in now way is this boring) but it's orderly.

I finished my week as house manager and the whole thing was summed up by our first ever CCK meeting (or KCC). The meeting is like a board meeting with everyone, and all the committees are represent to share ideas. By Monday I was back to work, getting on the 102 bus to ride into NDG. My week consisted of various little tasks to keep me busy while my boss was on vacation in Mexico.

 One of the things I did at work was take picture of where people put their recycle bins. So, I have all these "Can you spot the bin?" pictures.
 I get off a verdome station every day and I wait for the 102 bus looking out at these cranes. I thought they looked pretty cool.
 At work I got a special tour of Concordia University were we saw the church where the choir sings. Concordia University has two campuses, this is the original one.
 These pictures are from the first activity from the activities committee (me and Andrew). This was the ouutdoor skating rink we spent a good deal of time at playing around with hockey sticks, and from most of us (except Cody) this included remembering how to skate.

Now for some up coming news, Andree-Ann will have a replacement. Her all we know is her name is Jessica, she's 21, and she's from Gatineau. Marie-France was hoping to do some facebook stalking, but it looks like we"ll have to wait until February 7th to meet her.

1 comment: