Sunday, January 9, 2011

Montreal Juniors


Today I slept in until noon, and I was woken up in a most festive manner. On the first day we discussed the benefits of waking up to "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King. So a couple of my glorious house mates played it to wake the rest of us up. I for one jumped out of bed dancing and when they opened the door I was dancing like a gazelle. We had a good laugh. 

We were out of the house by 1pm to taking the Metro to the Montreal Juniors game. They were playing the Gatineau Olympians. We canvased the place with Katimavik buttons and info. I would have been great at this if II was certain everyone spoke English. So Marie-France, a true Francophone, and I work as a team, would pitch the concept in English and if they looked confused, I would pass it to Marie-France. The first period Gatineau dominated scoring 3 goals. Second period was Montreal's chance, with them scoring 3 goals. This made the third period pretty intense, no one was scoring until the very end where Gatineau managed to score two goals and seal up the win. It was a win for me because I had poutine in intermission.


When we returned there was some more cooking with Pascal, so there was chicken noodle soup, wraps and banana bread. Were watching "Bon Cop Bad Cop" as a good chance for all of us to be a little more bilingual. You might be wondering how we are watching a movie in a house with no tv. Luck for us, Etienne has a projector and the house is equipped with a screen, since it takes so long to set up there's no chance of us becoming couch potatoes.



2 comments:

  1. Very good! Be sure to speak to us a lot in French when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait for the newly instituted Lion King, morning dance ritual! Way better than the ferocious roar and snarl that normally comes on a rainy Monday morning! Must be something in the water there.....Keep writing Niki, we love it!

    ReplyDelete