Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Twas The Night Before Departure


Twas the Night before Departure


Twas the night before departure, when all through the house
Not a Niki was calm, not even a close.
The socks were hung by the luggage with care,
In hopes that mum would stuff them in there.

The dogs were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of ham bones danced in their heads.
I sat on the couch, computer on my lap,
knowing this excitement gave no chance of a nap.

When out daze I thought up a thought,
“To search up my Katimahouse is what I ought!”
Away to a new window, I clicked in a flash,
Typed in the address in a just a short dash!

That house on the corner with the snow?
Or maybe the building just below?
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a Katimavan parked just by the rear.

Orange circle, green rectangle in view,
So, I took a screenshot to show you.
I'm not there yet, but I'm ready to be,
Katimavik, look out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment