Saturday, January 8, 2011

Monk to McGill and Back


So, today was nice and easy. I slept in, and there was nothing planned until 12:00, which was cooking training. Yum yum yum. We cooked 5 chickens, with that we made chicken wings, chicken pasta, and chicken soup for tomorrow. For a marinade we used yesterdays honey mustard salad, and we poured that on the chicken wings and cooked them. Great chicken wings. Wow. The pasta was next, mushrooms, red pepper, goat cheese, chicken, pesto, garlic, cream, salt, and pepper. Again, fantastic. The neat thing about this food is that I watch it all being made from scratch and it tastes good. It's so simple but I'm so surprised. I watching this gourmet quality food being made, so simply, right in front of my eyes, and I actually get to eat it! I'm looking forward to the chicken soup tomorrow.




After dinner Etienne left for the night, and we left shortly after. We split up before we left, and my group went to explore downtown Montreal. We took lots of pictures and found these large inflatable spheres:


Then we stopped in at Starbucks, where I bought a round for my pals (Thanks to Dana for the Starbucks card that funded this). After this we quickly figured out that the Habs won tonights hockey game, there was a symphony of WOOOOOOOOoooOOoOoOOoooOOOOooooo!!!!!!!!!!! In the excitement we got lost and had to ask directions for to The Metro. Our home is at Monk station and the best way downtown is to get off at McGill Station. However when we got lost we had to find another station. We got home at 11:30 with plenty of time for our 2:00am curfew. All over this was a success.

3 comments:

  1. 2:00am curfew?! Goodness!

    For those of you who don't know how to comment, you can click the "# comments" button on the bottom, right next to the "time posted" thingy. I hope this helps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2:00am on weekends, and I think 12:00 on week days, but the metro stops running at 1:00am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still, very lenient. No wonder you're sleeping in so much!

    On another note, when you get back and you need to be woken up, we're totally going to play the lion king song now :P

    ReplyDelete