Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Day That Finally Came

After much waiting, I woke up at 5:30 and I was rushed t the airport to board my plane to Calgary. Free movie make the plane ride shorter. Then in Calgary airport I got off at gate 21, and got on at gate 20. Convenient. I then rode off to Montreal, and this flight felt like a million years had gone by. When I arrived in the airport I waited an eternity for my baggage, then there was announcement "To the people of flight 144, there will be a wait for your luggage." Of course that announcement came in French first. Then I found my wait to an area of Katimavik people, some were volunteers waiting to pick up, and some were other volunteers. We met some people from the Ville-Ray group, and we ll boarded two Katimavik buses. The buses first picked up the people who took a long bus ride (so mostly southern Ontario). Then we dropped off the Ville-Ray people, and drove to the other side of Montreal where our house is. The people who took a short bus ride were already at the house. Then we all "made our selves at home" so to speak, by eating snacks and deciding which spot on the couch was the best.

Our group consists of 5 Ontarians, 1 Quebecois, 2 British Columbians, 1 Albertan, and 1 Manitoban. So we have no representatives from the Maritimes, and only 10 people over all. 5 boys, 5 girls.

The house is cute, there's a computer room, a room for our Project leader, Etienne, a two person room for the girls, a three person room for the rest of the girls, a bathroom with shower, a closet with another shower, a room for all the boys, and a living room kitchen thing. It's small.

Right now were all attempting to my coffee or breakfast or anything really.

5 comments:

  1. First thing you say about the house: "there's a computer room." I love you Niki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I went i there was the third day. Everyone has a laptop, so the living room is the computer room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The computer looks old, but it's running Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! It must have a somewhat decent video card then...

    ReplyDelete