Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yagel Bagel and Other Tales

I"ll be honest the past few days have been incredibly lazy, I have had plenty of time to write, but little to nothing to write about! So I figured I do a brief recap of what's been going on.

Saturday: Sleep-ins and breakfast until noon when Francophones, Andree-Ann and Marie-France, left to go shopping. The remaining Anglophone were preparing for the first French lesson with our Francophone instructor, Andree-Ann. I'm not being funny, these are two different Andree-Anns. During this day we formed comities as well, I am on the Activities Comity!

Sunday: Massive confusion hit at 9:45 when Competency instructor, Julie, arrived early. Etienne left the night before and mentioned he wouldn't be back until noon, which was the time Julie was expected. Some of us felt that our sleep in time was being threatened, so Julie didn't feel all too welcome. This was straightened out when Etienne arrived.

Monday: First day of being house manager consisted of buying groceries, planning a menu, cooking dinner, and cleaning the house. Of course we have a ridiculous amount of down time, that's why I'm writing this now. I even had time to call my dear friend Sean. I opened my first letter from home, which was a most adorable card from G-ma (Thank you!!). I also went out to none other than Tim Horton's with some pals, after those donuts we went to the store across the road. Just when we were ringing up our purchases I realized that I can buy lottery tickets!! So, I bought a two dollar ticket, and the lady didn't even ask for ID! When I got home I found out I won two dollars! That means the ticket was free!!

So, that wraps up most of what been going on recently. Yagel Bagel (as seen in the title) is another one of those inside jokes I'd e happy to share with you. It's really just a bagel place next to my work, but the name is Yagel Bagel, I think that's just a joke in itself.

Speaking of food and free time, Jan, if you're reading this could you let me know where that deli you were talking about is. I have all this free time and I would appreciate a Montreal smoked meat sandwich and I have a transit pass so...

2 comments:

  1. Yagel Bagel sounds like something out of Dr Seuss!

    The Sallis-Lyon family sends love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Ben's Deli which was legendary and as it turns out, closed forever in 2006. Jan really doesn't get out too much at all....!

    ReplyDelete