Saturday, April 9, 2011

Katima Siouxp for The Soul

The first week of work is up and it's time for a blog!

We are like fish taken out of water, cleaned, descaled, cooked, eaten, and some how return to the water alive. This bizarre analogy refers to the adapting and the fact that we are going ice fishing today.

For those of you who keep asking me "well. what do you do in Sioux Lookout?" Simple. WE DO EVERYTHING. We don't have the time to worry about what stores and restaurants are and are not here, there's too much other stuff going on!

Sarah, our new PL, really likes to keep us busy. For instance, my sleeping in this morning really feels like the first time I've had a break. Even our free time is busy! Don't get me wrong, I love it, but this whole thing has been a tidal wave of life in a week. Work, contracts, meeting, the youth forum with Greg Rickford, Van tag, finding time for groceries, meals, cleaning, bouncing between two houses, French Class, and trying to find time to say "hi" the group.

I have found an easy way to update you on our day to day lives here, we have a blog that is (supposed to be) updated daily. It's a group blog that is written in part by everyone, including the past group who remembers the password. To read this blog (and I recommend you do), check for updates here:

http://katimaviksiouxlookout.wordpress.com/

Right now the pictures at the top are of the last group, but we'll likely be changing that soon.

I hope to keep you all updated in one form or another! But for now ....ICE FISHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment